Garmin Quatix 6 Marine GPS Smartwatch Review
Tuesday - 14 April 2020
Garmin expand their marine portfolio with the release of the new Garmin Quatix 6 GPS smartwatch, an ultimate out-at-sea wearable that combines all the best features of their flagship Fenix 6 with specialised boating, fishing and sailing capabilities. Boasting the likes of autopilot control, sail racing assistance, entertainment control, costal charts and inland maps, the Garmin marine smartwatch promises only smooth sailing.
Two models of the Garmin Quatix 6 Marine GPS smartwatch have been unveiled so far: the Garmin Quatix 6 Grey with Captain Blue Band and the Garmin Quatix 6 Titanium Grey with Titanium Band. The latter is the high-end edition retailing at £899 with a lightweight titanium case and bracelet and sapphire crystal glass protecting the 1.3 inch display. The standard Quatix 6 showcases a classic stainless steel case, a navy blue rubber strap and Corning Gorilla Glass DX, retailing at a more affordable price of £629. Both variations measure to 47mm by 47mm in size and come well equipped for long haul marine adventures with a battery life of up to 14 days in smartwatch mode and 48 days in battery saver mode.
“The quatix series has made a name for itself as the most sophisticated and connected general-purpose marine smartwatch series on the market today. Whether you’re chasing bass or billfish, cruising or sailing, canoeing or kayaking, the quatix 6 has everything you’ll need on the water. With the addition of some of our most sought-after features, like built-in music, contactless payments and preloaded topographic and ski maps, we’ve redefined marine smartwatch standards once again.” – Dan Bartel, Garmin VP of Global Consumer Sales.
Garmin Quatix 6 Marine Features
The Garmin Quatix 6 is designed with the serious mariner in mind, providing exceptional functionality for life at sea. Its comprehensive connectivity allows the smartwatch to connect with compatible Garmin chart plotters and other devices so you can stream data directly to your wrist. You can also view data like water depth, engine RPM and wind as well as control your onboard entertainment systems using the Fusion-Link Audio System app. When you’re ready to take a break, make use of the autopilot control feature which allows you to change heading, engage pattern steering or follow a GPS route even when you’re not at the helm.
You can also keep your feet up and your rod in place when you want to mark a new catch, as the waypoint marking function allows your watch to place chart plotter waypoints from anywhere on the boat. For those that love sailing, the Garmin SailAssist feature allows you to not only time your start but visualise it. You can create your very own virtual starting line to time the perfect race and use the tack assist function to see whether you are headed or lifted. Meanwhile the BlueChart G3 Charts app supports premier charts featuring integrated Navionics data.
Garmin Quatix 6 GPS & Sports Features
As we have already mentioned, while also providing all-new marine features, the Garmin Quatix 6 smartwatch continues to impress with the same functionality as their iconic Fenix 6. This includes their legendary wrist-based heart rate monitor which constantly monitors your pulse to help gauge how hard you work during activities, including when you’re underwater. The pre-loaded sports apps will also keep you in shape on deck and on land with golf, hiking, kayaking, running and more available.
The Garmin Quatix 6 Grey and the Garmin Quatix 6 Titanium also showcase classic satellite navigation features, so you never have to worry about getting lost on the water or up a mountain. The high sensitivity GPS navigation comes with tracking functions and altimeter, barometer and compass sensor capabilities for all your adventures. Finally, the colour topographical maps allow you to navigate these adventures while those into skiing can make use of the 2,000 worldwide ski maps with run names and difficulty ratings simply displayed. Lastly, you can count on the Garmin Quatix 6 to keep you company on any social outing with smart notifications, Garmin Pay and music storage for up to 2,000 songs.
The Garmin Quatix 6 smartwatch collection is available to order today at Jura Watches with free next day delivery and interest free finance. Get in touch with our team of luxury smartwatch specialists on 01335 453453 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
- Case Size: 47mm
- Case Material: Stainless steel or Titanium
- Glass: Corning Gorilla DX or Sapphire crystal
- Display: 1.3”, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel
- Water Resistance: 100 metres
- Weight: 72g (Titanium), 83g (Steel)
- Battery Life: Up to 14 days in smartwatch mode, 36 hours in GPS mode, 48 days in Battery saver mode
- Clock Features: Time, date, GPS Time Sync, Automatic Daylight Saving Time, Alarm Clock, Timer, Stopwatch, Sunrise/Sunset times
- Sensors: GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Garmin Elevate Wrist Heart Rate Monitor, Barometric Altimeter, Compass, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Thermometer, PulseOx
- Daily Smart Features: Bluetooth, ANT and Wi-Fi Connectivity, Connect IQ, Smart Notifications, Text Response/Reject Phone Call with Text, Calendar, Weather, Battery Saver, Plays and Controls Watch Music, Controls Smartphone Music, Music Storage for up to 2,000 songs, Find My Phone, Find My Watch, VIRB Camera Remote, iPhone and Android compatibility, Garmin Pay, Garmin Connect Mobile Compatible
- Safety and Tracking Features: LiveTrack, Group LiveTrack, Live Event Sharing, Incident Detection, Assistance
- Tactical Features: Dual Grid Coordinates
- Boating Features: Boating, Sailing, and Sail Racing profiles, Anchor Alarm, Autopilot Control, Boat Data Streaming, Virtual Starting Line, Countdown Timer, Tack Assist Mode, Built-in Barometer and Tide Tables
- Activity Tracking Features: Step Counter, Move Bar, Auto Goal, Sleep Monitoring, Calories Burned, Floors Climbed, Distance Travelled, Intensity Minutes, TrueUp, Move IQ, Fitness Age, Body Battery Energy Monitor, All-Day Stress Tracking