Introducing the Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue Limited Edition
Wednesday - 11 May 2022
The new limited-to-25-pieces Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue Limited Edition watch released for 2022 is a modern reinterpretation of a sporty chronograph that first launched 80 years ago.
After an eight-decade hiatus, Angelus is revisiting a successful chronograph watch from its archives but in a new and unique way. Rather than reinventing a like-for-like adaptation of the Chronodate watch that experienced huge success during the 1940s and 1950s, Angelus has found a new way to honour some of the watch’s signature design elements. The original model was well known at the time for its triple calendar function and its bi-compax dial layout. With the release of the new Angelus Chronodate watch, the triple calendar function has been replaced with a sportier design and bold flashes of red but keeps the same chronograph sub-dials and the legible pointer-style date ring around the edge of the dial. Angelus has released three types of the new 2022 Chronodate model. The Chronodate Red Gold watch is crafted from 18ct rose gold and features a striking blue dial. The Chronodate Titanium White features an opaline display with a frosted central dial, whilst the Chronodate Titanium Blue model that we’re going to be looking at here features a frosted blue PVD dial.
The new Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue Limited Edition watch
The new Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue watch is limited to just 25 pieces worldwide and nods to the success of the former Chronodate watch first launched in 1942. Its modular case, crafted from titanium, offers a lightweight option for the wrist that marries well with the watch’s sports-related features. Its construction comprises 6 pieces; two hollowed sides, two central links, the bezel and the caseback. Interestingly, the movement sits within a container of black carbon composite. This same material inserted into the middle case section becomes exposed through notches around the bezel and the sides of the case. The material, chosen for its rigidity and lightness, is also used for the push-pieces at 2 and 4 o’clock used for starting and stopping the chronograph timings, as well as resetting a timing.
The large diameter of the crown used for the design of the new Chronodate Titanium Blue model extends far beyond the casing and features a vibrant red rubber band to assist with easy handling and a good grip. The lightweight titanium case of the watch is brushed and integrated with 30-meter water resistance. It also features a boxed sapphire crystal glass front with scratch-resistant and anti-reflective properties. The same material, used for protecting the surface of the display from damage, is also used for the rear of the case. The exhibition caseback feature exposes one of the brand’s latest calibres.
The new Calibre A-500 used for the new Chronodate Titanium Blue watch features a column wheel with horizontal coupling to avoid excess thickness. The self-winding mechanism operates at 28,800 vibrations per hour and provides a useful 60-hour power reserve. It also boasts a striking rotor depicting the shape of the Angelus logo, a sandblasted mainplate, microbeaded and NAC-treated bridges, circular and rhodium-plated wheels, and a tungsten oscillating weight – all of which can be admired through the watch’s sapphire-backed case.
The dial of the new Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue watch is legible and crisp. A blue PVD frosted centre gives way to black DLC applied details seen in the minute track and the raised chronograph sub-dial scales that enhance a sense of depth and dimension throughout the design. The blue date scale around the periphery of the dial is represented by a pointer-style date hand executed with a red arrow-shaped tip. The large white Arabic numeral hour markers have returned for the new design of the Chronodate. They illuminate in a blue glow during the night as do the familiar syringe-style central hour and minute hands. The 30-minute sub-dial and small seconds sub-scale at 3 and 9 o’clock respectively feature a red and silver-coloured hand and remain true in design to the original 1942 Chronodate watch.
The new Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue Limited Edition watch is fitted on a stylish and sporty textured blue rubber strap with a matching titanium fastening. You can check out more details on the watch here, as well as the Titanium White model here, and the Chronodate Red Gold watch here. For more information you can also call and speak to a member of our sales team at Jura watches on 01335 453453.
Technical specifications of the new Angelus Chronodate Titanium Blue Limited Edition watch
- Case: 42.5mm – titanium – brushed - boxed sapphire crystal glass front – sapphire crystal exhibition caseback – cut-outs around the side of the case – bezel with cut-outs exposing black composite carbon sections underneath – black carbon composite push-pieces at 2 and 4 o’clock - red rubber ring around the crown at 3 o’clock – wing-like crown protector structures – 14.25mm height – 30-meter water resistance
- Dial: - Blue – PVD frosted centre - blue upraised date ring around the edge of dial, black minute scale – black upraised scale around the 30-minute and small second counters at 3 and 9 o’clock – silver-coloured hands, logo and hour markers – red central 30-minute chronograph hand – red arrow-tipped pointer date hand – white Super-LumiNova-treated hands and indexes
- Movement: A-500 - automatic chronograph movement - column-wheel chronograph calibre – 28,800 vph – horizontal clutch – Angelus logo-shaped rotor – 60 hours of power reserve – sandblasted mainplate, microbeaded and NAC-treated bridges – circular and rhodium-plated wheel
- Strap: Blue – rubber – textured – titanium fastening
- Reference: 0CDZF.U01A.K009H
- Availability; Limited to 25 pieces worldwide
- Price: £22,900